PBK Cottontail Friends

Friday, October 8, 2010

I first painted a duck and a rabbit to coordinate with PotteryBarn Kids' "Cottontail Friends" bedding several years ago, and they were so very cute.

But last month, a mom wanted a little lamb to go with the set as well, so I steered the creative juices into lamb painting...and ended up with such an adorable set for her.

Here is what I did:

The duck is my usual duck shape, but I painted it a pale yellow with a cream wing. Then, I mixed the honey brown with pale orange to get the orangey/brown beak. The little stitches are in nutmeg brown to accent the little guy.

For the rabbit, again a regular shape (but it's almost gone, so then I will have to get it custom cut!), I painted it toffee brown. It's ears and nose are light pink, and the tail is white. To see his feet and ears better, I added black stitches.

The lamb is a custom laser cut shape that works well with many different lamb bedding themes. His overall color is a cream, and then I added his toffee brown legs and face. I outlined his head in white to differentiate it from his body and added white stitches around his body. The insides of his ears are light pink.

Thank you to Lenore for sending me the picture of the quilt hanging! I love to see my creations all set up in their new home.

Are you looking for a special set for your child's quilt, don't hesitate to contact me today!

And don't forget that nearly any shape or theme can be done in wall letters, growth charts, curtain holdbacks, name signs, and more!

0 comments: