Army Themed Wall Letters

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I create many items for our brave and wonderful families in the service. I don't mind one bit any extra work involved for shipping to the APO and FPO addresses (thankfully the post office has made this simpler over the past couple of years).

This letter set was for a little boy whose daddy is in the US Army. I created a letter set for his baby sister while they were stationed overseas, and now that the family was back in the United States, it was his turn to have a set.

Every little boy idolizes his dad, so it was pretty obvious what he wanted his letter set to showcase. I had the tank, helicopter, jet, and Army star all specially laser cut for this project. Each shape is a navy blue, just a silhouette so they stand out strong against the red of the letters. I then carefully drew a star shape that I was happy with and cutit out to easily trace and then paint the white stars on the letters.

Lastly, I added navy blue ribbon. The ribbon I ended up special ordering since I couldn't find any locally, and I think the navy blue really draws the entire set together.

Would you like your own Army themed set of wall letters, or maybe quilt clips, growth chart, or other decor item? I would be happy to create it for you! Please contact me today!

0 comments: