Vintage Inspired Airplane Quilt Clips

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Transportation themes are popular for boys, right behind jungle and sports themes. And these vintage inspired airplanes are a beautiful touch to a nursery.

These airplanes fly straight up when hung, as if they are lifting the quilt up, up, and away!

For the red airplane, I started with my newest shade, tomato red. I love the richness of it. I then handpainted the propeller, window, and stripes in white.

The blue airplane is a deep navy blue. The wings are chambray blue, a pale blue with a gray base. I then cut out a star to trace onto the wings and painted those white. (I think next time I will have some stars laser cut to be layered onto the wings.) The propeller is a nice dark yellow, and the window is white.

Would you like your own set of vintage inspired airplanes? I would be happy to create a set for you as quilt clips, wall hangings, curtain holdbacks, wall letters, a growth chart, name sign...nearly anything.

Contact me today for your inspired children's room decor today!

0 comments: