The Bag Lady

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Me and my bag
Yes, I am known as "the bag lady" at our local post office. It's a secret nickname the postal workers call me because of my giant bag I carry packages in, and one day a clerk let it slip. Whoops!

But being known has its advantages:

  • No waiting in line.
  • They know I just need to drop off packages.
  • When I do wait in line to pay for an international package, they know what I need and run the transaction quickly.

How big is my bag? Well, it could easily fit two 2 year old kids! I have fit nearly 30 packages in it at once. A giant bag is so much easier than balancing a stack of packages, and my 8 year old can take it in if I need him to.

My 2 year old niece and the bag ready for the post office.
Where did I get my bag? It's not a bag that's available to just anyone. The bag is from the clock and watch company Seiko. They sent these oversized canvas bags to the fine gift stores that carry their large clocks. And, lucky for me, I was working for one of those stores when I first started the Little Elephant Company. The owner was nice enough to give me one of the bags when I asked, as I saw the potential for the bag immediately.

You know you want a package carried in my giant bag sent to you, too, right? ; ) Shop Little Elephant Company today for inspired children's room decor today!


0 comments: