Butterflies for the "Butterfly Flowers" bedding

Monday, February 22, 2010

These sweet butterflies are some of the most adorable butterflies I have yet painted. I created this set to coordinate with Carter's (Kidsline) "Butterfly Flowers" bedding set.

First, I started with a pale pink upper wing and added the Valentine pink lower wing. Next, the iron oxide (chocolate) body on each butterfly.

My favorite part is using a tiny detail brush to carefully paint the tiny flowers in magenta and pale pink. Lastly, I finish off the butterflies with iron oxide stitches around each wing.

I would be happy to handpaint a set for you as well! I could even create a matching growth chart, a pair of curtain holdbacks, a set of wall plaques, or even your daughter's name in wall letters using this pattern. Contact me today for your own "Butterfly Flowers" butterflies!

0 comments: